The Southern tradition of moonshine dates back centuries and has become a part of American history. Making your own moonshine can be tricky since there is a lot of mixtures and combinations you can do. One of the more popular types of moonshine is based on Peach. We have 3 peach moonshine recipes you should try.
Peach Pie Moonshine
- 2 bottles of 100% apple peach juice (64 oz. each)
- 1 peach nectar can
- 2 cups of sugar (preferably brown)
- 5 cinnamon sticks
- 2 whole vanilla beans, sliced
- 30 oz. of canned peaches
- 750 ml of moonshine
- 3 cups of peach schnapps
- 1 cup of vodka, vanilla
- Heat a large pan and add the following: apple peach juice, sugar, peach nectar, cinnamon sticks, vanilla bean, and peaches. On medium heat, let it simmer for about an hour.
- Take the pan off the heat after an hour and remove the cinnamon sticks. Let the pan sit at room temperature to allow the mixture to cool off.
- When it has cooled down, you can add the moonshine, vanilla vodka, and peach schnapps. Stir the mixture to mix it well.
- You can pour the peach moonshine into a jar and store in a cool, dark place for about 2 weeks.
- After 2 weeks, you can enjoy your peach pie moonshine.
Peach Cobbler Moonshine
- White grape peach juice (64 oz.)
- Brown sugar (1 cup)
- Ripe peaches (4, peeled and quartered)
- Cinnamon sticks (3)
- Everclear (1 cup to 1.5 cups)
- Peach schnapps (1/2 cup)
- Heat a large pot over medium heat and add: white grape peach juice, peaches, brown sugar, and cinnamon stick bringing it to a low boil.
- Allow it to boil for about 4 minutes or until you have notices the brown sugar dissolve.
- Take the pan off the heat and allow it to cool down to room temperature.
- Once cool, you can add the peach schnapps and Everclear. Stir the mixture.
- You can then store the peach cobbler moonshine in a cool place, preferably a refrigerator, for a week and serve it.
Peach Pie Moonshine
- 64 oz. of either white grape and peach or apple and peach juice
- 1.5 cup of sugar (white)
- 15 oz. of canned, sliced peaches
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 cup of peach schnapps
- 1 cup of Everclear
- 1 cup of vanilla or whipped cream vodka
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat and add the juice, cinnamon sticks, sliced peaches, and half cup of peach schnapps bringing to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to medium-low heat and let it sit on the stove for about 45 minutes, covered.
- Remove from the heat and let it sit at room temperature to allow it to cool off.
- Once cooled off, add the vanilla or whipped cream vodka, Everclear, and the remaining peach schnapps.
- You can divide the moonshine into a mason jar and refrigerate for a week. To add a little more flavor, you can put in a cinnamon stick and a piece of peach in each of the jar.
When making peach moonshine, you want to ensure you get the best peach you can find. The quality of the peach determines the taste of the moonshine. We hope you enjoy making these moonshine as much as you will drinking them.