Blueberry season may be over, but with this mouthwatering moonshine recipe, the taste of summer can last forever.
Blueberry Muffin Moonshine blends the juicy flavours of blueberries and cinnamon with a perfect balance of alcohol to get that refreshing and warm summertime taste!
Have you ever had an exceptionally delicious blueberry muffin, or really blueberry anything and wished you could consume it in a liquid, intoxicating form? Well, boy, do I have a recipe for you!
I’ve made many different blueberry recipes in my time, but I’ve never heard of blueberry muffin moonshine until someone mentioned the concoction earlier this summer. Since I adore anything blueberry flavoured, and blueberry liqueur happens to be an all time favourite, I knew I had to try to repeat this recipe immediately.
This homemade blueberry muffin moonshine is simple to make. The hardest part is waiting while it cools!
While you can use both fresh or frozen blueberries to successfully make homemade blueberry moonshine, I prefer to use fresh blueberries as much as possible. I also use a can of blueberry pie filling to give the moonshine that sweet and sugary finish.
Tart and refreshing, this ain’t your mama’s average moonshine.
Gone is the painful burn you’d expect in that old-timey, prohibition-level moonshine. This homemade blueberry brandy is an Everclear-Vodka concoction that will smack you right in your moonshine-loving face, but it goes down easy with a full blueberry sugar flavour for the tongue to savour.
Blueberry muffin moonshine is supposed to be a slow sip drink and not a gulp-it-down-as-quick-as-you-can drink like other homemade moonshine recipes tend to be. This drink is smooth yet strong and can be stored in jugs or mason jars, just like the real deal.
In addition to the delicious taste, this recipe will make your whole house smell like blueberry cinnamon muffin heaven!
1. Store in the fridge! The moonshine is ready to drink immediately but the taste will improve significantly if you let it sit and mellow in mason jars for two weeks
2. Use a cheesecloth! I prefer to strain out the blueberries and leave just the liquid
3. If blueberries are not in season, you can use canned or frozen blueberries
Equipment Needed to Make Blueberry Muffin Moonshine
I guarantee you already have the necessary tools to make this moonshine!
Making your Own Moonshine is Easier than you Think
Investing in a quality moonshine still kit is one of the best decisions you will ever make if you are planning on making moonshine alcohol on your own. In fact, we have quality stills that are perfect for everyone from an absolute beginner to someone looking to upgrade to a thump keg for quality spirits in less time.
Our 1 Gallon Mist Air Still is the same size as the average kitchen kettle. With its one button press to start, you can get quality spirits in about two hours. Making your own moonshine has never been so easy. Just check out this video on how to make your own moonshine from sugar, water and yeast!
A sugar shine moonshine would work well for this type of flavor-infused moonshine. However, you can also make the mash itself from a fruit base. If this interests you, check out our top 5 fruit mash recipes.
With a quality moonshine kit you can fine tune your technique until you can produce the perfect blend of Blueberry Brandy Moonshine every single time. These kits are also ideal for making a wide range of other types of alcoholic beverages and recipes as well.
This blueberrty muffin moonshine is guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser at your next dinner party, and also makes a great gift!
Unlike several homemade moonshine recipes that you can find online, this blueberry moonshine is both strong and sweet. It is a delightful taste that packs quite a punch. It is delicious whether it is sipped slowly, or used as a base for a new favorite cocktail.
How to Make Blueberry Brandy Moonshine
Try out this delicious Blueberry Brandy Moonshine recipe! It's the perfect treat for any occasion.
750 ml 190 proof Everclear
½ cup of vanilla whipped Vodka
1 can of blueberry pie filling
1 cup of brown sugar
½ gallon of blueberry juice or juice cocktail
1 tub of fresh or frozen blueberries (I prefer fresh)
5 cinnamon sticks
1. Place the juice, whole blueberries, and cinnamon sticks into a large pot.
2. When the mixture comes to a simmer, throw in the brown sugar and can of blueberry pie filling. Allow the mixture to come back to a simmer and continue mixing for about 25 minutes.
3. After the blueberries are soft and tender and the sugar has dissolved, kill the heat and let the mixture rest for 2-3 hours or unit the mixture is room temperature.
4. After reaching room temperature, add the vanilla whipped vodka and Everclear. Mix the alcoholic drinks into the mixture until fully incorporated.
5. Transfer the mixture into jars or jugs and leave it in the refrigerator for at least five days.
6. Similar to other cocktails, you may want to experiment with the different types of alcohol and their ratios for a blueberry moonshine recipe. You can absolutely add bourbon or rum to the mixture to add a more oaky or sweet flavors.
Add These Twists to Your Recipe! There are several variations to this recipe that you can play with to find the perfect flavor that suits your taste buds:
1. Substitute the vanilla whipped vodka with two tablespoons of vanilla extract. This will remove the float-like flavor that the vodka gives to cocktails, and instead give it a hint of pure vanilla with each sip.
2. Replace the brown sugar with an equal amount of white sugar. If you want your Blueberry Moonshine to taste more like juice, then swap for white sugar. If you want your moonshine to have the signature pie-taste, then stick with brown sugar.
3. Replace the tub of fresh or frozen blueberries with two tin cans of blueberry in heavy syrup. By substituting fresh or frozen berries for sugary, syrupy blueberries, you’re accepting the risk of contracting diabetes after finishing one mason jar full of your homemade blueberry moonshine. Canned blueberries in heavy syrup are high in sugar and glucose syrup which numbs the natural tartness of the fruit. Each bite of the syrupy blueberries will leave an explosion of delicious, sweet goodness that’ll easily raise your blood sugar levels.
4. For a fun, summery way to consume the Blueberry Brandy Moonshine, pour the mixture into popsicle molds and let it freeze overnight. Take it out and serve. Each bite of this cold dessert will give you a slight buzz, but the blueberry taste can be lost in the frost. If your ultimate goal is to get drunk in public then bring a dozen of these to your next outdoor picnic. People will be confused as you slowly become intoxicated after each popsicle you eat.
5. Replace ¼ gallon of the blueberry fruit juice with sparkling lemonade. The added lemony drink will add another dimension of sweet and sour that will make your moonshine more palatable with the more pronounced contrasts in flavor. Blueberries and lemons are a match made in heaven, especially with sugar to balance the natural sourness from both fruits.